Top Tips for Tenants
- Make sure you know what you are wanting i.e. number of bedrooms, flat or house, location, proximity to amenities, part/fully furnished, parking facilities etc.
- Make sure you know what you can afford (as you are likely to be liable for Council Tax and utility bills etc).
- Make sure when you can take occupancy of a property.
- Make sure you know how much the deposit is and if it will be lodged with one of the Scottish Government Tenancy Deposit Schemes.
- Make sure you insure your own contents.
- Make sure you inform the Landlord/Landlord’s Agents of their tenancy provisions, i.e. being a smoker, having a pet, etc.
- Make sure you understand the terms of the Lease documentation you sign.
- Make sure you check the Inventory carefully and amend as necessary.
- Make sure you inform the Landlord/Landlord’s Agent as soon as you can of any problems during the tenancy as soon as you notice them.
- Make sure you let the Landlord/Landlord’s Agent know of any queries you have during the tenancy to prevent the possibility of any subsequent misunderstandings or legal problems.
- Make sure you let the Landlord/Landlord’s Agent know of any proposals you may have to change/alter anything in the property (written consent will be necessary for any approval).
• WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE AVAILABILITY OF ANY OF THE PROPERTIES WE ARE ADVERTISING TO LET. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND AN EARLY CHECK IS MADE WITH OUR OFFICE TO CONFIRM THE CURRENT AVAILABILITY OF ANY PARTICULAR HOUSE OR FLAT OF INTEREST TO YOU.
• VIEWINGS FOR ALL OF OUR PROPERTIES ARE ACCOMPANIED UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.
• NO PETS ARE PERMITTED AT ANY OF THE PROPERTIES UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED OTHERWISE.
• YOU MUST BE OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE TO APPLY FOR A PROPERTY. TWO (2) FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION ARE REQUIRED – ONE (1) PHOTO ID AND ONE (1) ADDRESS VERIFICATION (Utility Bill, Bank Statement),LAST 3 MONTHS OF CURRENT ACCOUNT BANK STATEMENTS, LANDLORD REFERENCE, EMPLOYERS REFERENCE, CHARACTER REFERENCE (NOT FROM A RELATIVE) ARE ALSO REQUIRED.
• A GUARANTOR WOULD NORMALLY BE REQUIRED BY ANYONE APPLYING FOR A PROPERTY WHO IS IN FULL TIIME EDUCATION OR UNEMPLOYED/RETIRED/ON LOW INCOME. THE GUARANTOR MUST SIGN THE GUARANTEE AGREEMENT PRIOR TO SIGNING THE LEASE. IF THE GUARANTOR HAS NOT VIEWED THE PROPERTY SIGNING THE GUARANTEE AGREEMENT WILL BE DEEMED FULL ACCEPTANCE OF THE CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY.
• A TENANT MUST SIGN THE LEASE AGREEMENT PRIOR TO OCCUPATION OF THE PROPERTY.
BEFORE ENTRY MONIES REQUIRED TO BE PAID –
ONE MONTHS RENT IN ADVANCE AND EQUIVALENT OF ONE MONTHS RENT PLUS £100 AS A DEPOSIT BY BACS PAYMENT TRANSFER WHICH MUST BE RECEIVED BY US 48 HOURS BEFORE THE TENANCY IS DUE TO BE SIGNED (SUCH PAYMENTS MAY TAKE UP TO 3 WORKING BANK DAYS).
• LICKLEY PROCTOR LETTINGS CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONNECTION OF THE ELECTRICITY/GAS SUPPLY.
Lickley Proctor Lettings for themselves and for the owners of the properties whose agents they are, hereby give notice that:-
- The particulars and any photographs/plans thereto are provided as a general outline and guide only and are not intended to, nor shall they form any part of any legal contract.
- The description, use and location of the subjects and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct. Interested parties should, however, not rely on them and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each and every statement therein and are advised to do so.
- Neither Lickley Proctor Lettings nor any person in their employment has the authority to make, give or imply any representation or warranty whatsoever relating to the listed properties.